Notes about hand-dyed fabrics
- We use Fiber Reactive Procion Dyes and a low water immersion dyeing technique and vary the technique to get high and low textured fabrics. All of our fabrics are washed with Synthrapol and rinsed prior to dyeing. After the dye has set, we hand rinse each piece of fabric until the water runs clear, allow it to soak before another hand rinse and finally run it through a normal wash cycle. There are no fragrances used in any part of our process. The fabric is preshrunk and ready for you to use.
- We have done color fastness testing of our general processes and find the dyes to be colorfast, however you should always do a test yourself of each fabric to make sure it is colorfast for your washing process. If you will machine wash your final project we suggest that you use Synthropol as it keeps loose dye particles in suspension so they don't stain other areas of the fabric.
- When ordering keep in mind these are hand dyed and each dye process may vary in color, intensity and mottled look.
- We dye in small lots - usually not more than 2 yards. If you need more yardage, please email us and we'll do what we can to meet your needs.
- If you have any questions, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your business, happy quilting
Tressa and Lee
Willow Bee Fabrics